With a positive and strong self-image you can succeed in every field of life
All our life we run after success, chasing it to become powerful or wealthy or influential, etc., and we focus on the explicit factors that can make us successful but never have we ever took notice of the implicit factors such as kindness, self-image, discipline, perseverance, integrity, and generosity, etc. Sensei Rodrigo says these factors are as important as setting plans and goals for a business. We often take them for granted and underestimate the power these factors have.
What is self-image? It is the way you see yourself. Your own opinion about yourself is important as it affects your mental health, your confidence as well as your interactions with others and the way you live your life. Thinking that you are not good enough to do this or that, underestimating your own abilities will not help you in any way let alone make you successful. There is this famous quote that no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Sensei Rodrigo says it is crucial that whenever you look in a mirror, you like the person standing in front of you, you admire him and know that he is capable of doing marvelous things.
Self-image affects your performance in many ways such as:
- Perception - Thinking that you can do something and then striving to achieve it despite the difficulties, shows a positive self-image.
- Believing in yourself – If you are optimistic then you will create opportunities for yourself. You will believe that your hard work will pay off in the end.
- Relationships – When you feel good about yourself, your interactions with others also improve. More confidence and trust in yourself can lead you to trust others as well.
- Behavior – if you create a low self-image, you can cause problems for yourself and for others. You will get insecure which will lead to harsh and inappropriate behavior.
- Confidence – being in control of your work, habits, and moods can increase your confidence and self-image.
- Persistence – its all about controlling yourself i.e. your actions and your response to situations. Even if you fail in a task, self-image helps you focus better and doesn’t let you lose your motivation.
- Will power – Being self-images is hard but consistency is the key to success, right? Sensei Rodrigo says, plan things before time and know which things can make your will power weak. Try avoiding them or set alternatives.
We live in a world that is constantly evolving and it can be overwhelming at times but being self-image can help us in ways we cannot begin to fathom. It should be developed and practiced in order to be successful. It makes us rational. So instead of being compelled by the emotions, it helps us see the logic and focus on reasoning. It makes us see the bigger picture; the long term success.
Self-image and success go side by side. This is because it helps you focus on your goals and keeps you on track. self-image is important because So, you should work on your self-image if you want to be successful.